Volunteer with Us
North Yorkshire Music Therapy Centre has an exciting future, and to achieve the things we have planned, we need your help to create a fantastic new volunteer team!
In volunteering with us, you'll become an essential part of our team, helping us to welcome visitors, sharing and promoting our work, and supporting our fundraising efforts, enabling us to offer music therapy, events and activities across North Yorkshire.
Over the coming months we'll be offering a variety of new roles so keep an eye on this page, sign up to our newsletter to receive details direct to your inbox or email us to register your interest in future roles.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Welcome Volunteer (Click for printable role description)
Where: The Byre, Wath Court, Hovingham, York, YO62 4NN
When: Tuesdays and Fridays for a few hours, and Wednesdays for most of the day. This role will be shared with other volunteers on a rota basis and you can offer as much time as you wish.
Role Summary: We’re about to launch an exciting new program of events and activities, and this role supports our team by ensuring that everyone who visits us receives a warm, friendly welcome, and by enabling our music therapists to focus on providing music therapy sessions.
What’s involved? As a Welcome Volunteer you will:
- Offer a warm, friendly welcome to visitors when they arrive
- Make sure visitors are signed in and know where to find our facilities.
- Provide information about the charity and the service we offer in person, by phone and by email
- Offer refreshments where appropriate
- Make sure that our visitors receive a friendly goodbye when they leave
- Ensure that our music therapists are able to focus on providing therapy sessions
There may also be other activities that you might be interested in helping us with
This role is great for people who are:
- Good at building a rapport with new people
- Understanding, patient and calm
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Happy to work as part of a small team and using initiative
- Confident in answering questions and providing information
This role will offer you:
- The opportunity to learn more about music therapy
- A chance to meet new people and make new friends
- The opportunity to be part of a small, friendly team dedicated to helping others
- The chance to attend our social events and get involved with activities such as our choir, The Byre Singers
Requirements of the role:
- As this role involves working with a range of people we’ll require you to be DBS checked (arrange by us)
- You must comply with our Health & safety, Data Protection, Safeguarding and other policies at all times
- We’ll provide all the training and information you’ll need for this role
You can apply for this role by:
Please return completed forms to us by email or by post
Thank you for your interest in the work we do