Since our establishment as a charity in 1990, we have used the power of music to help change the lives of local children, adults and older people. Our team has won numerous awards, recently gaining royal recognition for our impact in the community.
Reasons to refer someone to us:
- We travel with our instruments to deliver therapy where it is needed (or we will point you in the right direction to find a local therapist);
- We take time to assess whether music therapy is going to be right for the person who has been referred;
- Sessions are focused on individual requirements and use instruments, voices and sounds to engage, inspire and motivate;
- Our therapists are experienced musicians who are fully qualified as music therapists, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and members of the British Association for Music Therapy;
- Our service is very reasonably priced, thanks to the help of Charitable Trusts, Friends of the NYMTC and many other supporters.
We have a range of services you may be interested in:
The types of places we work are:
Schools, day centres, hospitals, care homes and private homes. We present our work to meetings of local community groups, to professionals in health and social care and at conferences in this country and around the world.